We take the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults very seriously. Any concerns on these matters should be raised in the first instance with the Safeguarding Officer Nicky King, Tel: 07484 637 381. You can email Nicky on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can contact our Rector The Reverend Alison Way on 01963 33151
Alternatively you can contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team on 01749 685135 and find more information on their website: https://www.bathandwells.org.uk/diocese/safeguarding/ Also the The Diocesan Safeguarding Manager, Ben Goodhind – Ben.Goodhind@nullbathwells.anglican.org, Tel: 01749 588917, is also available for help and advice. Out of hours emergency cover is available from 5pm-midnight, 7am-9am (Mon-Fri), 7am to midnight (Sat & Sun) and bank holidays. Call them on 0303 003 111.
Other useful numbers are as follows:-
- Somerset County Council Social Services, 0300 123 2224.
- Childline, 0800 1111
- NSPCC, 0808 800 5000 (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)
- Stop It Now, 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC, 0808 801 0331 (National Association for People Abused in Childhood)
- Samaritans, 116 123
- Family Lives, 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline, 0808 2000 247
- Action on Elder Abuse, 080 8808 8141
- Men’s Advice Line, 0808 8010 327
- Safe Spaces – support for survivors of abuse, 0300 303 1056
If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the police on 999.
A link to the Church of England approach to safeguarding can be found here:
A link to our Safeguarding Policy 2023 can be found here: